Minimum TTL?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 9 17:16:38 UTC 2018

Am 09.02.2018 um 17:45 schrieb Barry Margolin:
> In article <mailman.452.1518194404.749.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
>   Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>
>>> As long as you understand the implications of what you're doing?
>>>
>>> The zone owner may be using short TTLs to implement load balancing
>>> and/or quick failover. If you extend the TTLs, your users may experience
>>> poor performance when they try to go to these sites using out-of-date
>>> cache entries
>>
>> but that's my problem then and not yours - it's that simple
>
> Sure, but the Internet was designed on a philosophy of cooperation. An
> ISP could also drop every other packet, and say "that's my problem, not
> yours", but we wouldn't consider that to be a reasonable way to run a
> network

you mix things which must never be mixed - never

the ISP has no business to touch any package bewteen source and me
because he can't know the implications - he even must not know about
them because it#s not his business

the admin of the destination network is in a completly differnt position
and knos about the implications because it's his job