Minimum TTL?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 8 15:23:13 UTC 2018

Am 08.02.2018 um 16:16 schrieb John Levine:
> In article <mailman.422.1518086738.749.bind-users at lists.isc.org> you write:
>> you miss the topic
>>
>> many DNSBL's have a very short TTL and at the same time a limit of
>> queries from a single IP until you need to pay for the service
>
> This doesn't sound like a technical problem.
> Is there some reason you shouldn't pay for the service you're using?
braindead argumentation because it was a technical problem until you
stepped in

when i try to reduce the amount of dns-queries to the service to reduce
their load because i decide for me that instead 5 seconds 30 or 90
second are "realtime" the R in RBL enough

frankly, even *if* i pay for the service i would call it a good citizen
to produce less load and the "minimum-ttl" also reduces load from other
RBL's without any restriction

additionally you can *not* control your inbound mailflow - so when the
same IP is hammering on your server and you produce 20 times mor DNS
requests than the rest of the year what options do you have - you did
nothing wrong and exceeded limits