disable dnssec for particular domain

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Feb 6 16:00:37 UTC 2018

Hello,

our customer uses a domain that is registered, but hidden
(doesn't exist in DNS).

The domain is used by multiple organizations and we are required to forward
lookups for the domain to foreign internal servers.

The problem is, that parent domain (.eu) indicates that the domain is to be
signed and since default bind installation validates DNSSEC, lookups are
refused:

Feb  6 15:49:36 mon named[30183]: validating @0xf4806910: testa.eu MX: got insecure response; parent indicates it should be secure

Is it currently possible to avoid validating this particular domain?

can I do anything other on my side than disabling DNSSEC validation at all?

I have bind9.8, going to upgrade to 9.9.5
(could probably go to 9.11 if needed)