DNS Flag Day - options for EDNS behavior control before then ?

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Dec 19 19:39:44 UTC 2018

Hello,

I did some searching on the ML archives and didn’t see what I’m trying to ask.

Is there anything (i.e. a config knob) in any current version of BIND that allows one to control this ?

My understanding is that on (around ?) the DNS Flag Day of 2/1/19 - BIND won’t retry (with EDNS disabled) non-answered EDNS queries - rather it will consider them failures ?

I see that as of now there is this knob:

--
server a.b.c.d {
    edns no;

But I’m talking about the behavior described in the DNS Flag day materials.  Is that simply going to be changed in code sometime around/on 2/1/19 ?

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: