no port randomization with dig over IPv6 on mac os

Jakob Dhondt jakob.dhondt at switch.ch
Fri Dec 7 12:26:51 UTC 2018

Dear list,

I have just noticed that when using dig (different versions) on Mac OS
(High Sierra) over IPv6 the source port is not randomized. Instead, the
port is incremented by 2 every time I execute the dig command. Is this a
known issue? I have tried to reproduce this behavior on Linux where,
with both IPv4 and IPv6, port randomization seems to be working.

Kind regards,

Jakob

--

SWITCH
Jakob Dhondt, Security Engineer, SWITCH-CERT