Frequent timeout

Darcy, Kevin kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Fri Aug 31 21:53:33 UTC 2018

I'll second the use of tcpdump, and also add that DNS query traffic, using
UDP by default, tends to be hypersensitive to packet loss. TCP will retry
and folks may not even notice a slight drop in performance, but DNS
queries, under the same conditions, can fail completely. Thus, DNS is often
the "canary in the coal mine" for conditions which lead to packet loss,
sometimes even an early warning of developing WAN and/or configuration
issues.

                                               - Kevin