Removing an NS server

King, Harold Clyde (Hal) hck at utk.edu
Tue Aug 7 20:46:35 UTC 2018

I don't think I made my point. I need to pull/remove a DNS nameserver from my set of nameservers.
My plan was to put the reference to it from our domain name provider. Then pull it from the list of NS records. I am not changing my SOA record. Just the nameserver. Did I make a mistake? Did you mean pull the NS reord for that server, then pull it from the name provider. I'll still have 4 servers running the SOA, and I don't plan to stop the old nameserver until well after a week of running.

Hal King  - hck at utk.edu
Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology
Shared Systems Services