BIND question

praveen kpcb_la at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 22:13:16 UTC 2018

I am seeing the below error when a zone is signed without an A record for zone. However there is a an CNAME record for the same top-level domain (zone), could this be causing the below error and why?

dnssec-signzone: error: dns_master_load: :33: zonename: CNAME and other data
dnssec-signzone: fatal: failed loading zone from : CNAME and other data