BIND 9.9 cannot resolve PTR record but +trace can

Aras Yorgancı yorgancia at itu.edu.tr
Wed Apr 11 13:49:15 UTC 2018

Alinti Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net>

> The delegation of 131.161.213.in-addr.arpa points to dns.est.com.tr and
> dns2.est.com.tr. But these two names are aliased to dns3.est.com.tr and
> dns4.est.com.tr.
>
> However, one cannot use alias names as targets of NS records. This is
> forbidden by RFC 2181, section 10.3.
>
> The operator of this reverse zone (EST Bilisim) should update the
> delegation of 131.161.213.in-addr.arpa (in the RIPE Database) and use
> the proper name servers names in there. If you know someone there,
> please inform them.
>
> Regards,
> Anand
>
> On 11/04/2018 15:23, Aras Yorgancı wrote:

Thanks for reply. I understand that there is an illegal situation but
other dns servers can resolve this query while BIND cannot. Maybe I
have not much knowledge about subject but I wonder is there any way or
any configuration to resolve this query with my BIND server, bypass
this prohibition?

Regards,
Aras