Query for newly added/modified data in zone fails at random

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Thu Oct 12 15:21:13 UTC 2017

On 12 October 2017 at 11:03, Nikkilä, Tommi <tommi.nikkila at cgi.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> My BIND (version 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-51.el7) is displaying some odd
> behavior. When updating a zone, BIND randomly refuses to return the newly
> added  and/or modified data for client. In my named.conf I have dozens of
> views, main interest in the following

Each view keeps its own internal state for its zones.  The way you appear
to have this configured, for any zone in 'common-slave.conf' you have
several versions stored (one per view) each trying to write to the same
state file (e.g. slave/db.207.31.172.in-addr.arpa).

If I were to speculate (you'd want to do some more troubleshooting to
confirm), I would suspect you're running into problems with your views
stomping on each other's slave files.