named-checkzone with multiple $ORIGIN

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jun 5 13:49:46 UTC 2017

Bernard Fay <bernard.fay at gmail.com> wrote:

> should I understand while using named-checkzone I need to enter *only*
> the top domain and named-checkzone will understand the subdomains
> defined by the multiple $ORIGIN in the zone file?

Yes, named-checkzone basically just loads the zone file (the whole thing)
as if it were being loaded by named.

You don't have to have a zone boundary for every subdomain - your zone
file has lots of subdomains all in one zone, and this is completely
normal.

Tony.
Irish Sea: Cyclonic 6, becoming northwest 6 to gale 8 later. Moderate or
rough. Rain, showers later. Good occasionally poor.