Encapsulating Requester IP in the DNS payload

Asher Collings asherrc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 21:34:12 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Long time subscriber first time poster. I have a POC I'm working on where
I'm trying to add the requesters internal IP into the DNS packet. There are
posts everywhere stating that this is possible with edns but there are no
howto's.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to do this using bind 9.10 and if so
what road blocks did you run into and were you finally able to do it? Most
importantly if you did get this to work how?

Thanks in advance for your time and information