different result between normal query and zone transfer

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Mon Jul 10 16:21:44 UTC 2017

The bottom line is that a *zone* is the basic administrative unit of AXFR/IXFR-based replication. If you create a new zone and you want a replica to serve it, you need to configure the replica to replicate it. There is no "automatic" mechanism within BIND to tell replicas to start slaving new zones. If you have a common provisioning/configuration-control mechanism, then this can be quite convenient, but it sounds like this is between you and your ISP, so I assume that no such common framework exists. You have to follow their procedures for getting the new zone transfer definition established, whether that be a phone call, an email, filling out an online form, something like that.

											- Kevin