restarting bind fixes some resolution issues

Dario Corti dario at dariocorti.com
Sun Jul 9 12:36:43 UTC 2017

Hi, I occasionally have issues updating some packages, with the package
manager saying that it cannot resolve deb.nodesource.com. I'm using
1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u11 and I verified that a bind restart fixes the
problem every time (even if technically the domain CAN be resolved also
before the restart).

I issued a dig before and after the restart and it does report something
different, but I'm unable to understand it, so I wonder if anyone can
suggest a possible reason for this.

Before: https://pastebin.com/7qZUmPKA
After: https://pastebin.com/U0DUhE20

dario at dariocorti.com