bind-9.11.0-P2 on Debian 9.0 (stretch)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 26 19:02:04 UTC 2017

Am 26.01.2017 um 19:55 schrieb Dennis Clarke:
> On 01/26/2017 06:48 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> libraries got overwritten by the package manager
>
>     Impossible.
>
> If the user built or the vendor supplied software follows the rules
> of separation along with the RPATH and RUNPATH data inside the ELF
> dynamic sections then what you say is impossible.  Clearly impossible.

but he used ./configure --prefix=/usr and that's all we where talking
about until you came in - so the separation does *not* exist and so what
i say is not only possible it will happen *for sure*

your bikeshedding *where* to sepearte it to not collide with the package
manager is off-topic and pointless