bind-9.11.0-P2 on Debian 9.0 (stretch)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 26 15:36:59 UTC 2017

Am 26.01.2017 um 16:30 schrieb Wolfgang Riedel:
> I agree and also didn’t like it but I had been told that OpenSSL 1.1 is currently not supported because they made backwards-incompatible API changes and this is the default on Debian stretch. That’s the reason why I compiled from source to get to 1.0 < 1.1

but you should never use /usr for anything which don't end in a package
especially playing around with openssl will sooner ot later break your
whole system and then named is your smallest problem

additionall your major mistake here was that you *first* tried something
dangerous at your own while ask before would have leaded someone
pointing you to https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libssl1.0-dev

for Fedora 26 (Rawhide) a similar compat-package exists