bind-9.11.0-P2 on Debian 9.0 (stretch)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jan 26 15:22:13 UTC 2017

Wolfgang Riedel <wriedel at me.com> wrote:

> Just wonder if someone had success compiling bind-9.11.0-P2 on Debian 9.0 (stretch)?

I haven't tried it myself.

> 1) OpenSSL dependency dance
>
> I removed OpenSSL 1.1 and compiled OpenSSL 1.0.2e from source

You'll probably have better luck installing Debian's libssl1.0-dev and
related packages, rather than installing it yourself. Plain libssl-dev in
Stretch is OpenSSL 1.1.

If you install stuff yourself from source then it is particularly unwise
to put it in /usr where it'll collide with files managed by dpkg - put it
in /usr/local or /opt.

Tony.
Faeroes, East Southeast Iceland: Southerly 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe
gale 9. Very rough or high. Rain. Moderate or poor.