rDNS

Alberto Colosi alcol at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:15:28 UTC 2017

I manage delegated and not but ISP delegate (can do but is not forced to do it) only if you own at least the C subnet (all).

If you only own some IP from a C subnet as DNS ZONEs on reverse lookups handle an entire C subnet and can't be delegated only 3, 5, 10 IP from a subnet

so if you don't own a full C subnet or ISP don't want to delegate (if your DNS server will be unreachable could arm something on ISP) you only can try to ask the ISP to map names on their DNS , ISP DNS and even this not all ISP do or is done with default IN-ADDR-ARPA naming.

Alberto Colosi

ITC , NetWork & Security Architect & Admin