Redirect only second and third level domains

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Fri Feb 24 15:05:15 UTC 2017

Yeah, what you are describing is NXDomain rewriting -- it turns out to
be a really bad idea.

Here are some initial documents decribing why:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-032-en.pdf -- ICANN
Security and Stability Advisory Committee SAC 032 Preliminary Report
on DNS Response Modification

http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/pubs/networking/redirectingdnsforads11.pdf
-- Redirecting DNS for Ads and Profit

It breaks all sorts of things, creates security risks, and ends up
confusing customers. Just don't do it...