My Reverse Look Up suddenly stopped working for most servers

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Feb 8 16:51:33 UTC 2017

frankly - one last time, otherwise don't expect any future answers - if
you get a response on the mailing list then sned your answer to the
mailing list and *not* to the individual which responded

Am 08.02.2017 um 17:46 schrieb Majid Chavoshi:
> I understand, I am the Unix/Linux SysAdmin down stream, I'm just trying
> to be helpful to our DNS Admin up stream. I don't even have access to
> our DNS servers; thanks so much for your help.

you don't need access to the dns servers for using dig/whois/nslookup

jesus just mention the IP's in question, what PTR answer you expect and
the full input and output when doing that lookup

you said "but the reverse look up suddenly stopped working for most
servers" in your initial post - so you must have entered some command
leading to that conclusion - so why don't you copy&paste the input and
output of that command in your opening post?