Bind Queries log file format

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 19:26:52 UTC 2017

Hi there,

For the avoidance of doubt, It seems to me that the stability of BIND
has been improving over the last couple of years.

Thank you.  Keep it up.

If I were hunting some rarely-seen fault condition, I think I'd write
any output which is more useful for debugging than anything else to a
separate file - even if that results in duplication of a little of the
information written to more 'routine' logs, and especially if it's the
kind of information which can cheerfully be purged every hour or two.
Debug and routine log rotations (and storage) can then be different.

Of course if the log message format isn't exactly what's needed in any
particular situation, the source code is freely available.

--

73,
Ged.