Bind Queries log file format

MURTARI, JOHN jm5903 at att.com
Fri Feb 3 13:43:50 UTC 2017

Folks at ISC,

> I agree, there are an awful lot of systems and SIEM products that process querylogs. This one change will require a huge amount > of re-engineering work in customer environments.

	You know we love you and the work you do!  But changing that log format was really a bad idea.  I saw your original response that we should report it as a 'bug' and it was added so you could help us debugging problems.

	IMHO -- it's not a bug (in the classic sense), it was an intentional change.  Regarding needing more info for debug, I'd encourage the approach a lot of tools take:  add a debug option to the config, start params, etc... to activate the feature.

	Best regards!
John