Creating a blackhole zone...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 24 20:15:08 UTC 2017

Am 24.12.2017 um 20:59 schrieb Grant Taylor via bind-users:
> On 12/24/2017 12:42 PM, Lee wrote:
>> Is there a minimum version of bind one should be running before trying
>> to use RPZ?
>> in other words, v9.9.latest is OK or 9.10.latest or ???
>
> I don't know when RPZ was introduced (I'd have to check release notes)
> but I've been using it for years.  So I'd say give it a try and see if
> your version balks or not.  ;-)

type "Bind rpz" in Google and read the first hit
http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/rpz.html

Response Policy Zone (RPZ) is a BIND9.10+ feature - the basic capability
was released with BIND9.8 but has gone through a number of iterations
and upgrades. The BIND9.10 feature set is defined here (RPZ Format 3).
Earlier specifications, and their BIND9 implementation, had somewhat
fewer features that impaired their usefulness. The RPZ Format 3
specification anticipates future changes but has, so far, enabled
backward and forward compatibility.