DDNS - limitation and excluding updates from certain networks

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Wed Dec 20 13:27:17 UTC 2017

Dear Mukund,

Many thanks for coming back.

> You'll have to explain what you mean better for a more specific answer,
> but see the manual for the "allow-update" ACL config option

In my zone configuration I have an “allow-update” statement.
Here I define all networks which are allowed to dynamically update the DNS entries.

But my zone contains other IP addresses too. Not only those of the PCs.
These are static names/addresses which are seldom changed.

And of course the complete zone is a dynamic zone.

And I don’t wont that this static names can by changed by someone out of an IP range, where it is allowed.
I didn’t find any hint to block certain IP ranges to be updated within a dynamic zone.

Hopefully this explains my question a little bit better.

// Hans