DDNS - limitation and excluding updates from certain networks

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Wed Dec 20 12:39:33 UTC 2017

Dear All,

My environment: We are using the latest version of BIND and DHCP from ISC. Our workstations ( mostly Windows and some Mac ) are in certain networks. Only these networks are allowed to do dynamic DNS updates. So when a PC is switched on its IPv4, IPv4 reverse, IPv6 and reverse is registered.

So far everything works well.

Is there a way to configure, that names which are registered in other networks, are not allowed to be updated ?

Kind regards
Hans