questions about rndc zonestatus

Tue Dec 19 08:22:27 UTC 2017

Hi!

I would like to use this feature to check the status of my slave zones.

# rndc zonestatus nic.at
name: nic.at
type: slave
files: /etc/bind/zones/nic.at
serial: 2017121119
nodes: 77
next refresh: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 08:34:53 GMT
expires: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 07:50:08 GMT
secure: yes
inline signing: no
key maintenance: none
dynamic: no
reconfigurable via modzone: no

Unfortunately the slave-status is not dumped, e.g. if the zone is n
sync, if SOA refresh-checks suceed, if XFRs succeed? Do I miss
something? In the above example the configured masters is not available
and SOA-checks and XFR failed. Nevertheless there is no information
about the failing refresh checks for the zone.

Further, I would like to know if there are existing tools to parse the
output, or if it is possible to get the data in a more structured form.

Further it would be great to get a dump of all zones (e.g. without
specifying the zone), or at least to get a dump of the configured zone
of Bind.

thanks
Klaus