Max slaves limit?

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sun Dec 17 17:12:00 UTC 2017

In article <mailman.130.1513528685.749.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
 vijay bommareddy <vijayb888 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm trying to find more information on the practical limitations of adding
> more slaves.
> Can someone tell me, how many number of slaves does BIND technically
> support? Is there a maximum limit per master server?

Why would there be any limit? The master doesn't need to keep track of
slaves, it just responds to queries from them.

The zone transfer queries they make have a little more overhead than
"normal" queries, but they don't happen very often (only when the zone
changes). To avoid all slaves hammering the master at the same time,
NOTIFY messages are staggered after a change is loaded.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA