Daisy chaining slaves

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 17 16:58:21 UTC 2017

Am 17.12.2017 um 17:40 schrieb vijay bommareddy:
> I generally do multiple slaves to a set of masters. But I'm just
> wondering if daisy chaining slaves i.e slave to a slave to a slave to a
> master, a good practice in general? What are the pros and cons of it?

surely, how else would you solve a slave which can't directly access the
master which is not that uncommon

"how many number of slaves does BIND technically support?"

this question makes no sense - why should someone set a arbitary limit
for that given that a slave is just another cient using a slightly
different protocol