DNSSEC / Include a subdomain's KSK data, ZSK data or both in parent domain?

Douglas C. Stephens stephens at ameslab.gov
Thu Dec 7 21:33:29 UTC 2017

Ralph,

I run a site with a similar arrangement of parent and child zones on
the same signing server with "auto-dnssec maintain" and
"inline-signing yes".

My research found that only DS records for the child zone's KSK(s)
needed to be put into the parent zone.  I was very happy to find
DNSViz (http://dnsviz.net) confirmed that for me.

BIND 9.11.x did not automatically do that for my configuration, so my
automated scripts take care of it for me.