Testing...

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 19:06:55 UTC 2017

Hoi Tony,

> Grant Taylor <gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net> wrote:
>>
>> There is additional footer content (as well as headers) in messages from the
>> mailing list.
>>
>> Does Gmail detect that and ignore it?  Or is the message simply folded into
>> the conversation in Gmail?

> No, I believe deduplication is based purely on the message-ID, but as far
> as I can see it isn't documented by Google. If you have more questions
> about Gmail you should take them elsewhere. There are reasons I am no
> longer a postmaster...

> Tony.

As far as I know If you pop from a gmail account, it will never
include any message containing itself as the sender. However if you go
to web-mail it will be there. Gmail takes part of the tasks of your
mail program by keeping track of what has been downloaded and it seems
to mark those messages as already downloaded.
So in that case you have to use your mailprogram filtering to copy
your send messages to the list folder.

Tot mails,
  bind userlist                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven