filter-aaaa-on-v4 not available in Windows binary?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Aug 30 13:50:30 UTC 2017

In message <20170830112841.GK2027 at harrier.slackbuilds.org>, /dev/rob0 writes:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 02:12:43PM -0500, pLAN9 wrote:
> > I have downloaded the latest 9.11.2 BIND running on Windows 10 and
> > have set up a successful caching-only server. When I try to add
> > "filter-aaaa-on-v4 yes" to the global "options" section of
> > named.conf, the Windows BIND service fails to start, with an event
> > viewer log entry stating a "Parsing error" on the line containing
> > the filter statement.
>
> I suspect you have a syntax error, or maybe non-ASCII characters
> in your named.conf.

Agreed.  You should get a log message about it not being configured.

> > Does this mean I will have to manually compile BIND on WIndows
> > for this option to work?
>
> There is no specific compile flag to enable that feature, so no.

It's conditionally compiled (--enable-filter-aaaa).

#ifdef ALLOW_FILTER_AAAA
        { "filter-aaaa", &cfg_type_bracketed_aml, 0 },
        { "filter-aaaa-on-v4", &cfg_type_filter_aaaa, 0 },
        { "filter-aaaa-on-v6", &cfg_type_filter_aaaa, 0 },
#else
        { "filter-aaaa", &cfg_type_bracketed_aml,
           CFG_CLAUSEFLAG_NOTCONFIGURED },
        { "filter-aaaa-on-v4", &cfg_type_filter_aaaa,
           CFG_CLAUSEFLAG_NOTCONFIGURED },
        { "filter-aaaa-on-v6", &cfg_type_filter_aaaa,
           CFG_CLAUSEFLAG_NOTCONFIGURED },
#endif