Subdomain DNSSEC

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Mon Aug 28 16:25:09 UTC 2017

On 28 Aug 2017, at 17:06, Michael Dahlberg wrote:

> My apologies if this question has an easily discoverable answer but my
> google-fu seems to be failing me today.

   Try "insecure delegation" against your favourite search engine.
   Here's an example of what searching for this gave me (from DuckDuckGo
rather than Google):
   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25674236/how-to-create-delegation-signer-ds-record-for-a-subdomain-with-powerdns

>  If a domain is signed, is it possible to delegate a subdomain to a
> 3rd party who is unable to sign that subdomain?

   Yes.  You need NS records as has always been the case.  By simply not
adding a DS
   record, you signal an insecure delegation.

   You may have problems if the two sets of name servers (for parent and
child zones)
   overlap.

   Best regards,
   Niall O'Reilly