Need DNS records help for single server (and IP), and multi-domain mail server.

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 19:28:12 UTC 2017

I have a single remote server with one IP address (142.54.186.2) I am using
it to host multiple, independent domains.  I am working on configuring a
single postfix instance to serve mail for all domains (assuming I can
successfully rewrite appropriate parts of mail in and out).

>From referring to "DNS and BIND" and previous discusssions here and on the
postfix users list I have re-examined my domain DNS records to see if I can
cover my requirements more easily.

Given such a configuration described in the first paragraph, does the
following set of DNS records for a domain look look appropriate:

# For each domain X.TLD:
X.TLD.      IN    A                 142.54.186.2.
*.X.TLD.    IN   CNAME       X.TLD.
X.TLD.      IN    MX              10   142.54.186.2.
X.TLD.      IN    TXT             "v=spf1 mx -all"

Thanks.

With warmest regards,

-Tom