Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Wed Apr 19 16:58:21 UTC 2017

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 8:47 AM, Nico CARTRON <nicolas at ncartron.org> wrote:
>
>> Nor did I see
>> details on how to have BIND send ECS with queries when it's a recursive
>> server.
>
> As far as I know, ECS for Recursive queries is not yet implemented by ISC, or
> at least it is not publicly available.

We have implemented ECS for recursive queries in 9.10.5-S, the subscriber preview edition of BIND, which will be released today. For now, ECS recursion is available only to users with a support contract with ISC. Development of this feature was a significant effort, sponsored by an OEM user of BIND. As part of the agreement with the sponsor, we agreed to embargo the feature from the open source until 2018.

Victoria Risk
Internet Systems Consortium
vicky at isc.org