Multiple IPs Associated With A Single Name

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Fri Sep 30 18:09:05 UTC 2016

On 09/30/2016 12:46 PM, John Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote:
>> On 09/30/2016 11:17 AM, Hrant Dadivanyan wrote:
>>> Won't port redirection work better then ?
>
>> get sudo for even limited access to things on their sandboxes.  So, we're
>> trying to figure out a way to work around the corporate slowness while
>> still living entirely in userland - this lowers the audit risk a lot.
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Can you spin up virtual machines on your desktops?  It seems like your
> situation just screams for tools like Vagrant and Docker, or your own
> AWS/Azure/Google environment.  Yours isn't really a DNS problem, per
> se, but instead to have a proper development environment.  These days,
> it's relatively easy to stand up an entire network within VMware
> Workstation, VirtualBox, etc., or even your own local KVM instances.
>
> John

For testing purpose we've done this.  However, I was a bit cavalier
about this being just a sandbox.  There is the intent to go live with
a production version of all this stuff within a short time.  I am trying
to get ahead of that freight train ...

Again, many, many thanks to all of you who took the time here to try and
help.  It's very much appreciated.

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com