Multiple IPs Associated With A Single Name

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Thu Sep 29 21:45:27 UTC 2016

Yeah, sure, just run it with your own special config file (with -c); in that config file, set the listen-on to an unprivileged port, and make sure all of the pathnames (including implicit pathnames like the pid-file) are to files/directories to which the unprivileged user has read and (where necessary) write access.

As a sanity check, I just fired up an instance on a Red Hat box, as an unprivileged user, listening on port 12345. It's a caching-only config, with our own internal-root hints, and it's resolving (internal) names just fine.

												- Kevin