Organization IP address is getting redirected to a website which does not belong to the organization.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 17 18:07:12 UTC 2016

Am 17.09.2016 um 17:51 schrieb Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR:
> Our organization BLS owns ( registered with the registrar )  the network address 146.142.xxx.xxx.
>
> But if someone  from the Internet [ outside of BLS network )  tries to go to "http://146.142.7.113"   it gets redirected to a site in UK called "us.watcheezy.com"

so this has *nothing* to do with DNS at all

* someone is calling a server on port 80 with it's *ip-address*
* on that machine listens a webserver on port 80
* that webserver sends a redirect header
* the client follows that redirect header

that's it - go to that machine and look what is redirecting and why it
allows calling without a hostname at all (defualt mod_security rule
swould forbid that)

but as said: that is not a DNS topic at all