DNS views and zone transfers, cont

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:14:48 UTC 2016

I changed the subject slightly, because I had to cut out a lot of the
forwarded message - the list server was complaining about the size of the
messages.

I just found that my setup was not working completely as I expected.  The
view with only a few zones and forwarding to another view automatically got
the "empty zones" created, so any queries in those zones did not get
forwarded.  I am fixing it by adding to that view the line:
       empty-zones-enable no;

--
Bob Harold