minimal-any on master

Jim Popovitch jimpop at domainmail.org
Mon Sep 5 15:11:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:51:25AM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> Jim Popovitch via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:
> >
> > Should minimal-all (v9.11.0-rc1) work on a master?  My testing shows
> > that it only works on the slave DNS servers.
>
> Works for me :-) minimal-any is implemented at the point the records are
> being assembled into an answer - it still does all the usual ANY
> processing, but just omits all but the first RRset. So it isn't even aware
> of whether the records are from the cache or authoritative, let alone what
> type of authoritative zone they might be from.

Hmmm.

Thanks.  Now I'm seeing something slighly different.  I have 3 NS servers, ns{1-3}.domainmail.org.

When I first asked 3 days ago I was seeing long ANY repsonses on the master (ns1).  Today I am seeing long ANY responses on ns3 (but not ns1).  O.o

for ns in ns1 ns2 ns3; do dig ANY domainmail.org @$ns.domainmail.org|wc -c; done
591
610
13280