The DDOS attack on DYN & RRL ?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Oct 31 16:21:01 UTC 2016

Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that anycast is probably much worse in the Mirai botnet
> scenario unless each node is pretty much as robust as a traditional
> unicast node.

This blog post is a pretty good intro to how anycast can help with DDoS
mitgation, though I think Cloudflare are overstating how unique they are -
there are other older DNS services that distribute load over large anycast
clouds of commodity hardware.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/how-cloudflares-architecture-allows-us-to-scale-to-stop-the-largest-attacks/

Tony.
Hebrides, Bailey: Northwesterly 5 or 6, occasionally 7 at first in north
Bailey. Very rough at first in north Bailey, otherwise moderate or rough. Rain
at first in Hebrides, otherwise showers. Good, occasionally poor at first in
Hebrides.