Zone removal messages

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Oct 31 10:16:08 UTC 2016

Dns Administrator <dnsadmdns at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thought the querying appears to be correct, when I reload the dns server I
> get the following message:
>
> 27-Oct-2016 09:31:29.208 general: info: zone ./IN: (static-stub) removed

Yes, this log message is spurious.

The reason seems to be that named always reconfigures static-stub zones
from scratch, rather than reusing the existing zone object (see
ns_zone_reusable at the end of bin/named/zoneconf.c) but it doesn't log
that it created a replacement zone object.

Tony.
Faeroes: Westerly veering northwesterly 5 to 7, perhaps gale 8 later in north.
Rough or very rough. Showers. Moderate or good.