merging reverse zone data obtained from two different masters

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Mon Oct 24 20:28:14 UTC 2016

Ideally, whatever frontend you use to maintain the "forward" records for these zones, should be smart enough to, in parallel, populate the corresponding entries in the common reverse zone.

But, failing that, it shouldn't be that hard to write a script that periodically pulls zone transfers of the forward zones and merges that data to create/update the common reverse zone. If the ranges used by these Zone1/Zone2 hosts overlap, you'll have to decide how to handle collisions, of course.

												- Kevin