Error while building BIND 9.11 on linux host

blrmaani blrmaani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 01:39:45 UTC 2016

These steps helped (openssl-1.0.2j and BIND 9.11 P1)

./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl
make
make install

### Then BIND can be compiled as below:

./configure —with-openssl=yes
make
make install

named -v
BIND 9.11.0-P1 <id:1e9bd53>

Carl,
  I will also try RPM in a bit. Wondering if I can get these bundled?
- openssl
- XML (for stats)
- JSON (for stats)
- dnstap
-multithreading support

I will try using traditional approach (config + make + make install) and see if I have success.

thanks
Blr