rndc addzone type forward

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Nov 16 16:19:39 UTC 2016

Emil Natan <e at foowatch.com> wrote:

> I also compiled BIND 9.11.0rc3, but nothing changed, no more verbosity,
> only the name of the .nzf file created changed from hash to plain text.

Try 9.11.0-P1 which has a few changes since rc3.

> Another finding is that the failure .nzf file is created, but it's empty
> and the next run of rndc addzone fails with "already exists".

Is the zone present in memory but not on disk, perhaps? Try something like:

$ curl -Ssf http://server:8053/json/v1/zones | grep name

Tony.
South Biscay, South Fitzroy: Northeasterly 4 or 5 at times in Fitzroy,
otherwise variable 3 or 4, becoming westerly 5 or 6 in north. Slight or
moderate, becoming rough later in north. Rain or showers. Moderate or good.