Shared libraries loaded after chroot

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Mon May 16 12:09:05 UTC 2016

On 16 May 2016 at 04:38, Marc Haber <mh+bind-users at zugschlus.de> wrote:

> I have filed Debian Bug #820974 (http://bugs.debian.org/820974)
> accordingly. The Debian bind people suggest that I copy the respective
> libraries to the chroot so that bind can find them.

Yeah, this has been the fix on a lot of systems since GOST was included in
OpenSSL.  It's something to do with the GOST algorithm being implemented
differently from everything else... as a plugin instead of a module, if
memory serves (it probably doesn't).    IMHO it's a bug in OpenSSL, not
BIND.

Another option is to compile BIND with GOST support disabled... but that is
awkward for a lot of people using binary package distribution from the OS
vendor.