Shared libraries loaded after chroot

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon May 16 11:23:30 UTC 2016

Marc Haber <mh+bind-users at zugschlus.de> wrote:

> in Debian, the bind9 packages have recently started to trouble me in
> chrooted environments since some cryptographic libraries are loaded
> after bind has chrooted itself, which results - in the case of a
> minimal chroot - in a fatal run-time error:

Debian has a patch which initializes OpenSSL before chrooting, which is
supposed to fix this problem -
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/lamont/bind9.git/commit/?h=stable/v9.10.3&id=60cf6b37caf48bd3270aa2b7b8af5ebc47396dce
https://sources.debian.net/src/bind9/1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-10/debian/patches/28_prechroot_init.diff/

So there has been a regression in this patch. Clearly something about
crypto initialization has become more lazy, but I don't know if the extra
laziness is on BIND or in OpenSSL.

Tony.
Biscay: Variable 3 or 4. Slight. Fair. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.