[Non-DoD Source] Build with GEOIP

PGNd dev at pgnd.us
Fri Mar 25 17:12:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016, at 09:50 AM, Olsen, Richard William (Rick) CTR (US) wrote:
> Thanks to those who have responded with helpful replies. I understand now
> that the bind build does not have the api actually built in and that I have
> to install one.

just fyi, note that, even with

--with-geoip=<path>

bind sources only set rpath for OS == <netbsd*|openbsd*|solaris*>

For linux, if you want compile-time & run-time usage of non-system-path GeoIP, you'll need to manage your rpath with $LDFLAGS & $LIBS.

I'm not clear why
(a) rpath is not set for linux, if only as an option,
and
(b) why geoip's pkg-config data is not used.  adding path-to geoip.pc could be useful.