Configuring different TTLs in multiple RRs for the same domain name, TYPE, and CLASS

Ben Bridges bbridges at springnet.net
Thu Mar 24 16:18:26 UTC 2016

TXT records are multiple-purpose.  They can be used for SPF records, Office 365 "MS" records, DMARC records, or whatever arbitrary uses someone dreams up, all for the same domain name.  Microsoft wants a short TTL for their Office 365 records, but I would prefer to generally use a longer TTL for most records (including other TXT records) in order to reduce the query load on our servers.  It would be nice to be able to set a short TTL for the Office 365 record but a longer TTL for other TXT records for the same domain name.

Thanks,
Ben