PCS, Corosync, Pacemaker, and Bind

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Mar 16 17:48:57 UTC 2016

Mike Bernhardt <bernhardt at bart.gov> wrote:

> Please confirm that if a DNS query is sent to the virtual address, the reply
> will be sourced from the virtual address.

Yes.

(query-source doesn't affect replies.)

> The documentation for keepalived isn't very good, but as near as I can tell
> it does not support bringing up an application like BIND along with a VRRP
> address.

I leave named permanently running on my servers. It listens on the routing
socket so it knows when keepalived changes the interface addresses.
Keepalived runs health checks so it knows when to fail over and which
standby servers are able to take over.

More details at http://fanf.livejournal.com/133294.html

Tony.
Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth: East or northeast 5 to 7, decreasing 4 at
times in shelter. Slight or moderate, occasionally rough later in Plymouth.
Fair. Moderate or good.