PCS, Corosync, Pacemaker, and Bind

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 13:26:21 UTC 2016

On 16/03/16 12:48, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> You might want to try "ip a" vs ifconfig.   RHEL7 uses Network
> Manager and in the past I've found some things don't show up in
> ifconfig output when doing alias/virtual interfaces.
>
> Usually even when other products (e.g. Oracle RAC/GRID) create
> virtual interfaces they still show up as valid interfaces at host
> level.   I've not tried PCS/Corosync.

That's not how pcs/corosync does it IIRC. They're active on one node
only, usually as secondary IPs on the physical ethernets; dual active
doesn't work properly in that situation anyway due to ARP fighting and
other issues.

OP will need to use a different approach to make bind work in this kind
of setup.